Nonfarm Payrolls Preview

kwokyeong
kwokyeong
edited August 24 in A Bit of News

Traders have one more milestone to surpass this week that is, the US monthly employment report, to be release this Friday. The country is expected to have added 183K new jobs in July, after June's positive surprise of 222K. The 4.4% unemployment rate is still expected to drop to 4.3%, while average hourly earnings are expected to be up 0.3% monthly basis, and by 2.4% on the annualized figure, this last, slightly below previous 2.5%.

There's has been long since the US Nonfarm Payroll report triggered interesting market movements, except in the case of big disappointments, quite logical given the ongoing distrust in dollar's future. And that will be the case for this Friday: the NFP report will only be relevant if it's a big miss.

Post edited by JoshWinter on

Comments

• kwokyeong
    kwokyeong

Everyone month big event

• flashsolver
    flashsolver

are you long or short dollar?

• kwokyeong
    kwokyeong

i dont have any idea on this, i am stay out

• flashsolver
    flashsolver

nice :)

• teeky80
    teeky80

probably the trend will change

• flashsolver
    flashsolver

i don't see any good news for dollar but you never know :)

• kwokyeong
    kwokyeong

US: Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 209,000 in July
    By Eren Sengezer
    SHARE Share on Twitter Share on Facebook More options
    "Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 209,000 in July, and the unemployment rate was little changed at 4.3 percent," the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics announced on Friday.

Key highlights:

Employment increased in food services and drinking places, professional and business services, and health care
    Both the unemployment rate, at 4.3 percent, and the number of unemployed persons, at 7.0 million, changed little in July
    Among the unemployed, the number of long-term unemployed (those jobless for 27 weeks or more) was little changed at 1.8 million in July and accounted for 25.9 percent of the unemployed
    The labor force participation rate, at 62.9 percent, changed little in July and has shown little movement on net over the past year
    The employment-population ratio (60.2 percent) was also little changed in July but is up by 0.4 percentage point over the year
    The average workweek for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls was unchanged at 34.5 hours in July
    In July, average hourly earnings for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls rose by 9 cents to $26.36
    Over the year, average hourly earnings have risen by 65 cents, or 2.5 percent

• JoshWinter
    JoshWinter

Nice post @kwokyeong. Yeah so NFP was a good number and of course we got the DOLLAR rallying today, let's see if it can continue next week and the EU has some bad numbers. Dollar Chart below.

Always a Student. B)
  • kwokyeong
    kwokyeong

yah, i do my job only, haha

• teeky80
    teeky80

thanks boss