Would you BTFD? S&P 500

flashsolver
flashsolver

Whoa. The S&P 500 dropped 1.5% today. It was its second largest drop of the year. But here's the question after a day like this: would you BTFD this market right now?

S&P500

Tagged:

Comments

• JoshWinter
    JoshWinter

Good Question! Yeah the #BTFD has worked for years now see if the big money steps in and buys it up or if fear and volatility are here to stay and we get some 2 sided market action. Let's see what the last half of the year brings, now that summer is coming to an end the markets should pick back up!

• o0oo00o
    o0oo00o

I feel like markets are going to be in the red for the end of this year, or at least become extremely choppy. With all this uncertainty between countries, the markets might not know how to react or it might show a minor correction.

• flashsolver
    flashsolver
    Yeah I agree, last year dax dropped as well and the year before. But maybe September it'll pick up again? Then drop
  • o0oo00o
    o0oo00o

I think we have to take it a day at a time. The markets are sensitive due to the news. I guess that is the best way to approach it

• JoshWinter
    JoshWinter

Yes, the best thing to monitor are the 4 major global indexes for strength or weakness than also monitor the #VIX index as well. The VIX can tell you for sure if the fear is here to stay or not. Above $15 is fear is present and if VIX gets above $20-$25 then definitely we will have some 2-sided market action and good markets to swing and scalp as well. B)